Friday, October 24, 2008

Quick Updates: FOB,

FALL OUT BOY ATTEMPT TO BREAK WORLD RECORD
Pete Wentz's well-known gift of gab will come in handy as he and Fall Out Boy frontman Patrick Stump attempt to break a Guinness World Record of most radio interviews by a pair completed in 24 hours. 

The two band members will attempt to hit as many radio stations as possible across America on Oct. 31 beginning at 3 a.m. PST at Premiere Studios in Los Angeles, the band announced Friday. 

The current record is 57 radio stations in 24 hours, completed in May 2008. 

Fall Out Boy will release their third album, Folie A Deux, on Dec. 16.

NELLY FORMS RAP GROUP
Nelly has teamed up with Akon, T-Pain and Pharrell Williams to form a rap super-group. The Hot In Herre hit-maker, who was previously rumored to be working with T.I., revealed his plans to join forces with his fellow rappers on a new record. 

He tells MTV's website, "Me, Akon, T-Pain and Pharrell are talking about doing a project. We got a host of things we're trying to do - possibly put together this new 2009 (Bell Biv DeVoe) type of thing." And Nelly isn't worried about conflicted schedules getting in the way of the collaboration. 

He adds, "I don't think you try to put things together with people you don't think you can accomplish (them) with. With 'Kon, with Pain and Pharrell, I know it's more about the music than anything. It's about leaving something. I think we're all OK as far as the money thing goes. I don't think anybody is hurting. You wanna do things you can be remembered by. Make a mark. I think that's something that's foremost on all our minds." 

However, Williams is keeping quiet the project: "Those are all my boys. I'm kinda like the only one that adheres to the oath of secrecy. I don't wanna break that," and refuses to reveal what direction the sound will take, adding, "Well, seeing as though I'm supposed to be upholding my end of the bargain of upholding my oath of secrecy, I'm not so sure of how to answer that question."

No comments:

Post a Comment