Wednesday, January 28, 2009

Kelly Rowland Parts Ways With Her Manager


Kelly Rowland has officially ended her relationship with Mathew Knowles and Music World Entertainment.

The 27-year-old singer will still be represented by Music World as a member of Destiny’s Child, but BeyoncĂ©’s father will no longer manage her as a solo artist.

“Mathew Knowles has been a positive influence in my career. I have had great success under his guidance—both as a member of Destiny’s Child and with my solo projects. Although we have decided to part ways professionally, the Knowles family and the entire Music World Entertainment team will always be my family,” Rowland said in a statement released through her publicist.

Mathew Knowles also issued a statement: “After a very positive meeting between Kelly Rowland and myself, we have amicably agreed to end our professional relationship. My company, Music World, will continue to manage Destiny’s Child as a group. As an artist Kelly has incredible talent and I only wish her the best. We will always be family first and foremost, and as a dad I only have love for Kelly.”

Rumor has it..Kelly is in the works to sign with 19 Entertainment (who signed Jordin Sparks and Carrie Underwood).
Photo:Evan Agostini/Getty via MTV

No comments:

Post a Comment