Tuesday, February 24, 2009

Ne-Yo Says Rihanna Is Fine, But Wants To Talk With Chris


When Ne-Yo found out about the allegations of violence between Chris Brown and Rihanna, he knew he couldn't get the story from a third party. Concerned for both his friends, the singer wanted to speak to them personally.

"I wanted to talk to them before I made a comment," he said about the much-publicized incident that occurred before the Grammy Awards. 

"I spoke to Rihanna. She says she's fine. She didn't go into detail about what happened. I understand it's a painful situation; I didn't push."

Ne-Yo said he was grief-stricken after viewing the recently leaked photo of a bruised and apparently battered Rihanna shortly after her altercation with Brown.

"I saw the picture," he said solemnly. "That just really — that hurt me to my heart, man. Again, I still don't know what happened, 'cause I haven't had the opportunity to talk to Chris yet. But to take it to that level really hurt my heart. All I can say is, I'm praying for both of them. They're both in my prayers. I haven't had a chance to talk to Chris yet. I just wanna sit down and talk to that dude and just explain if he doesn't understand: 'That's not something that's excusable, bruh. You have to get a little smarter about whatever it is going on in your relationship. You have to get a little smarter about how you handle certain situations.'"

Still, Ne-Yo refused to be Brown's judge and jury. "I'm not going to crucify him," Ne-Yo said. "I'm not going to do that. That's still my homeboy at the end of the day. For it to go to that level was wrong. I won't say who was responsible. I won't pick no sides. I'm just saying it was wrong [that] it had to happen like that, and I'm praying for the both of them."

Ne-Yo has had very close ties to Brown and Rihanna. In 2006, Brown and Ne-Yo co-headlined a tour that featured Lil Wayne and Juelz Santana. In 2005, Ne-Yo and Rihanna became two of the main pieces of the Def Jam puzzle when then-president Jay-Z had a hand in signing both acts.
Source:MTV Photo:DailyMail.co.uk

No comments:

Post a Comment