Tuesday, May 26, 2009

Jessie James Interviewed By BlogCritics.com


Jessie James is all over the internet and gets rave reviews. Jessie just finished an interview with BlogCritics.com Here are some highlights from the interview.

Several sources note that you've been singing since the age of two and that you won your first talent contest at the age of nine. Do you recall the name of your victory song?
Yeah. It's called "I Want to be a Cowboy Sweetheart" and I had to yodel in the song! [laughing] It was great.

In the early years, what motivated you to pursue your musical passions? Was there a family influence or was this all personally driven?
I asked my mom about it. I had heard about the talent show. It was in Baker, Louisiana and they have one every year. I had heard about it through my grandmother. It was in the paper, I guess, and they were just talking about it happening again. I was like, "I really want to be in this contest." So my mom put me in the show. The good thing about my mom is that she was never that stage mother. It was always my decision. She never forced me to do anything that I didn't want to do. "If you want to do it, you can do it. If not, we won't do it." That was a good thing about her. I really wanted to do this talent show and it's a good thing that I did. I love being onstage.

The bulk of the songwriting on your debut album was handled by you. Of all the songs, which do you consider to be the most personal?
"Guilty" is probably the most intimate and personal to me because it's about a guy being out on tour and me, assuming—because he's a rock star—that he's cheating on me. So I'm cheating on him while I'm back at home. It's just the dilemma of the situation and feeling everything, every emotion just not feeling guilty because of my anger towards him, assuming that that's what he's doing. It's a true story and it's probably the most personal song out there, like my diary for the world to see. I cheated on somebody and it's not very nice but, you know, women do it, too.

To read more of the interview go to BlogCritics.com

Jessie's self-titled debut album is set for release July 14.

No comments:

Post a Comment