Wednesday, May 27, 2009

New Music: Pat McGee


Pat McGee has a beautiful and powerful song called "Come Back Home." There aren't many words to describe this song, but Pat said,
"Come Back Home" was written in the wake of me losing my longtime drummer and former Army soldier John C. Williams. But the song started off as a reflection of how a military couple deals with separation. After the release of "Come Back Home", John's little brother was killed by an IED in Iraq. His name was Blake Williams. His platoon used this track as the audio to a memorial slide show presentation they did in March of 2008. It was for all the courageous men and women they had lost in the month of March. I am humbled by their service to our great country and I hope this song brings them some peace. My father served in Vietnam and I truly appreciate their dedication and bravery."




Pat's latest release is "These Days (The Virginia Sessions)" and is available on iTunes.

No comments:

Post a Comment