Monday, November 16, 2009

Review: One Republic's Waking Up


OneRepublic's brand new album 'Waking Up' is available TOMORROW (Nov 17)! You can purchase the album or tracks on iTunes at 12 midnight. I had the chance to listen to the album last week and walked away with a few favorite songs. I'll be honest and say I haven't really listen to them before. I know their singles "Apologize" since it was on Timbaland's Shock Value and "Stop And Stare". Ryan Tedder is a good songwriter and has written hits for other major artists, but I never know what to expect from OneRepublic. The sophomore slump is always something that an artist is extremely worried about, but they have nothing to worry about with this album.
You can't listen to this album only once. The first time I heard the album I walked away thinking that was an okay album. Once you listen to it again you can grab your favorite songs. Ryan Tedder's vocals are on point, he has great harmonies. I'm not a woman of many words so I can't really describe why like the songs that I do. If you need an album to put on while you clean, paint or just don't want to hear anything to fast pace or extremely slow. 'Waking Up' can be slow and mellow at times. "Lullaby" describes the song simply by its title. I highly recommend "Secrets", I love the strings in it along with the lyrics. "All the Right Moves" is another track I recommend bringing back to my point about Ryan's harmonies. One cool fact about the album is they featured the orchestra used by Batman and Edward Scissorhands composer Danny Elfman (with whom Tedder has shared ideas).

The tracklist is featured below. Don't forget to grab the album tonight at midnight on iTunes.

1. Made For You
2. All The Right Moves
3. Secrets
4. Everybody Loves Me
5. Missing Persons 1 & 2
6. Good Life
7. All This Time
8. Fear
9. Waking Up
10. Marchin On
11. Lullaby

In celebration of the release, OneRepublic will perform a live, online concert on Today, November 16th, at 5pm PST / 8pm EST. The concert will take place at the Twitter headquarters in San Francisco, and visit Ustream.tv
Photo:MyEmail

No comments:

Post a Comment