Monday, February 16, 2009

Who's GQ's Most Stylish Man?


Justin Timberlake has been named the most stylish dude from GQ.
In their March issue, Timberlake lays down the law on many clothing rules.

JT's Style Tips:

On Rocking Sweater Vests: "Definitely -- but not argyle; a solid-color one, usually with a T-shirt underneath."

JT's Golf Caddy on Whether Jessica Biel Tells JT What to Wear: "Dude, he's the f----- King of Pop! He can wear whatever he wants to wear. If he wants to rock sandals with socks, a week later everyone in L.A. is going to be wearing sandals with socks!"

On His Stylish Dad: "Nobody dressed like my dad. When he worked at the bank, he looked like Richard Gere in 'Gigolo.' And he would do it all the night before, laying out the suit he'd wear the next day. Even on weekends, if he had to go into the office, he’d wear a trouser pant with a V-neck sweater and tie. And I was like, I want to dress like that! He was just so cool."

On His Trademark Fedoras: "The thing is, you don't put your underwear and socks on, then a hat, and then get dressed. And subconsciously, people do that. They're like, 'I'm gonna f----- wear this hat today! I just bought it, and I'm gonna rock this hat to the bar tonight! And I can't wear this leather jacket with the hat, because it doesn't look right, so I've got to wear this peacoat' ... It's like, 'Dude, if it takes that much thought, start over."

On Wearing Sneakers With Suits: "Some guy came up to me and said, 'You single-handedly made it cool to wear sneakers with a suit!' I mean, I just put sneakers on because I couldn't dance in the shoes I had. I couldn't leap with just insoles and dress shoes. I would've hurt myself."

Who He Sees as Style Icons: "Who's a style icon? Kate Moss. She looks good in anything. She would look good in one of your T-shirts, in her T-shirt, in a man's suit, in a huge gown. She looks amazing naked. She even makes nude look stylish. That, to me, is a style icon. She could put a barrel on and it would be some sort of statement."
Photo:WOJPictures

No comments:

Post a Comment