Saturday, September 20, 2008

Esmee Denters Blogs About Stevie Wonder

Esmee Denters updated fans on her MySpace blog on Thursday (September 18) after seeing Stevie Wonder perform in the Netherlands:

"Hey everybody, I got back home to the Netherlands just in time because one of my all-time favorite singers was here to perform! I have always wanted to see one of his shows ever since I was little. My dad is a music freak just like me and when I grew up it really inspired me to likeall different types of music. But he had one record that I always begged him to play, which was "Songs in the Key of Life" by Stevie Wonder. I loved his soulful voice and the music blew me away. So when I heard that he was here to perform I just had to go. The guy is a legend and I wasn't gonna miss out on it. So I went to his show and I was so excited - it was an amazing show! He had the biggest live band I have ever seen with the best musicians on the planet and he even brought his daughter out to sing. He had so much energy his vocals were amazing. But what I really loved about him was that he was such a cool person. He kept making jokes and he seemed so relaxed. You could see that he was just loving every second of being up there. But what was even more amazing is that I got to go backstage and meet him. I was so happy and excited I couldn't believe it was happening to me! Here he was just sitting behind a keyboard. I got all nervous (LOL) so I shook his hand and told him how much I admired him. He was so nice. I told him I was a singer and asked him for advice he said: "dontcha ever stop doing what you do." I got to take a picture with him and I couldn't stop smiling all the way home."

No comments:

Post a Comment