Friday, June 19, 2009

Esmee Denters Talks About JT


Esmee Denters was asked a few questions about her boss, Justin Timberlake. See what Esmee had to say about JT.

How did you first meet Justin? First memory/impression of him?
Esmée: I met Justin for the first time in Chicago when he invited me to come to see one of his shows on his "FutureSex/LoveSounds" tour. I got to meet him backstage after the show, and I remember being very nervous, but he was so nice and he really made me feel comfortable. There was a piano in the room so I decided to play and sing "How Come You Don’t Call Me" by Prince. I guess he must have liked it, because a month later I was signed.

Favorite aspect of working with Justin – in studio, performing, etc.?
Esmée:My favorite aspect of working with Justin is being able to see him at work – whether it is seeing him perform or being in the studio writing with him, it is just so inspiring. You can just see the passion… he is really a mentor to me. I really aspire to be like him.

What does "Tennman" mean to you? What defines a "Tennman Records" artist?
Esmée:Tennman is really home for me. It is a label where you are able to be yourself and develop your talent as an artist. They fully believe in the people they sign, and we get to learn from, and work with Justin. Try and find that at another label ;)

Best lesson Justin’s taught you? Musically or otherwise?
Esmée:He is so grounded and knows exactly what he wants. I think that is really important if you want to be successful in this business.

What’s one funny fact about Justin….?
Esmée:He is the funniest guy you will meet, and he is really good at impersonations.

Photo:JustinTimberlake.com

No comments:

Post a Comment