Monday, August 24, 2009

JoJo Files Lawsuit Against Record Company


I don't know about anyone else but I gave up on waiting for new music from JoJo. I wasn't surprised when I read news that she is taking legal action against her record label. The 18 year old singer filed a lawsuit in NYC claiming Da Family Entertainment wont let her out of her contract or release her third album All I Want Is Everything.

JoJo is asking for $500,00 in damaged and used her MySpace to get her true feelings out in her recent blog.“For the past year and a half I’ve been diligently cooperating with my record label(s) so I can have the opportunity to continue with my career and do what I love the most; create music and sing,” she wrote. “I’ve been a patient team player and have done everything that was asked and/or expected of me. As you may already know, my record company has been going through a major transition and unfortunately all of the artists on the label have been forced to sit on the sidelines and wait. I exhausted every option and exercised much patience before reaching my final decision to file a formal complaint with the court.”

Like some other music artists in the past, JoJo is claiming she has to fight for her freedom, “I’ve been blessed to receive great feedback from the record company in response to the music I’ve been delivering.” She goes on to say, “But unfortunately I have become a victim of industry politics that honestly have nothing to do with me personally or professionally. Because of this, I am willing to fight for what I love and ultimately for the chance to regain control of my livelihood and my life.”

You can read the whole blog entry HERE.

What do you think of JoJo trying to fight her way out of her contract?

Photo:JoJoMyspace

No comments:

Post a Comment