Tuesday, January 12, 2010

Whitney's 1985 Debut Album Set For Re-Release


On January 26, 2010, Arista Records/Legacy Recordings will release the 25th Anniversary Edition of 'Whitney Houston', the debut album that released in 1985. The CD/DVD package includes the original songs remastered, along with five bonus tracks including Whitney's a cappella recording of "How Will I Know" plus a stunning live performance of "Greatest Love of All".

As an added bonus for fans, the 25th Anniversary Edition includes a features-packed new DVD. Three rare tv performances are included: "I Am Changing", a song from the 1982 Broadway production of 'Dreamgirls', performed live at the Arista Records 10th Anniversary celebration in 1985; "You Give Good Love" performed live at the first annual Soul Train Awards Show in 1987; and Whitney’s breakout national TV debut singing "Home" (from 'The Wiz') on the Merv Griffin Show in 1983. All four classic music videos – "You Give Good Love", "Saving All My Love For You", "How Will I Know", and "Greatest Love of All" – appear on the DVD. Exclusive and newly filmed interviews with Whitney Houston and Clive Davis round out the bonus DVD portion of the 'Whitney Houston' - 25th Anniversary Edition collection.

Full Tracklisting:
Disc 1 – CD
"You Give Good Love"
"Thinking About You"
"Someone For Me"
"Saving All My Love For You"
"Nobody Loves Me Like You Do"
"How Will I Know"
"All At Once"
"Take Good Care Of My Heart"
"Greatest Love of All"
"Hold Me" (Duet With Teddy Pendergrass)

Bonus Tracks
"Thinking About You" (Remix by Bruce Forest)
"Someone For Me" (Remix by Alan Coulthard)
"How Will I Know" (A cappella)
"How Will I Know" (Remix by Jellybean)
"Greatest Love of All" (Live)

Disc 2 – DVD
"Home" Whitney Houston's premiere performance on the Merv Griffin Show
"I Am Changing" Live from the Arista Records 10th Anniversary celebration, 1985
"You Give Good Love" Live from the First Annual Soul Train Awards Show, 1987
"You Give Good Love" Music Video
"Saving All My Love" Music Video
"How Will I Know" Music Video
"Greatest Love Of All" Music Video
Interviews with Whitney Houston and Clive Davis

Photo:MyEmail

No comments:

Post a Comment